How To Save Money And Get Discount Homeowner's Insurance
If you live in Arizona and are looking to insure a home, there are several things you can do to get discounts on your homeowner’s insurance rate and save a few dollars.
1. First and foremost, make sure that you’re shopping your insurance with companies licensed to do business in Arizona. If you’re not sure if the company is licensed in the state, stop by the Arizona Department of Insurance website which contains a listing of all companies licensed in the state.
2. Bundle Your Coverages: Insurance companies like to write more than one line of your coverage. By placing more than one of your policies with an insurance company, you will receive a discount. The discount varies from company to company, so make sure to ask about it when shopping.
3. Quit Smoking: Insurance companies prefer non-smokers.
4. Protect Your Pool – If you have a pool, make sure it is not easily accessible to a child who may inadvertently wander into your yard. If you’re thinking of installing a pool, check with your insurance carrier first. Many companies do not like in ground pools with diving boards and may refuse to provide coverage. Those who are willing to provide coverage will charge a higher premium.
5. Deductibles: Get alternative quotes for different deductibles. The higher the deductible, the more of a savings in premium. Make sure that the premium savings is worth the increase deductible outlay.
6. What type of dog do you have?: Although you feel your pooch is a sweet family pet that wouldn’t hurt a fly, insurance companies feel differently. They may charge more if you have certain breeds of dog. The breeds are usually larger dogs that carry a reputation, no matter how unwarranted the reputation is. Your sweet loveable Rottweiler may be the cause of an increase in your homeowner’s insurance rate.
7. Shop: Always shop around and get more than one insurance quote.
The Back Pocket Articles
The Back Pocket Books
The Back Pocket